What is the circumference of the Outbreaker Backpack's hip belt?
The Outbreaker Backpack’s hip belt fits measurements from approximately 32” to 61”. This is the measurement around your torso at your iliac crests (the highest bony part of your hips) which is not necessarily the same as your waist/pants size.
1) Determine how long you want the extender to be.
2) Add 6" to that and cut a piece of webbing that length.
3) Stick one end of the webbing through one of the buckle pieces. Fold 1" of the end back on itself.
4) Fold it over once more, this time including the buckle to make a loop. Sew through the 3 layers of webbing with a straight stitch (2-3 rows-- or a square-- for added durability) using extra strong thread.
5) Repeat 3 & 4 with the other webbing end and buckle piece.
Now your hip belt extender is ready to use.
The buckle will add about 1-3/4", but remember you can always tighten the hip belt to get the perfect fit. Better to be too long than too short!