How do I make my hip belt longer?
1) Determine how long you want the extender to be.
2) Add at least 6" to that and cut a piece of webbing that length.
3) Stick one end of the webbing through one of the buckle pieces. Fold 1" of the end back on itself.
4) Fold it over once more, this time including the buckle to make a loop. Sew through the 3 layers of webbing with a straight stitch (2-3 rows-- or a square-- for added durability) using extra strong thread.
5) Repeat 3 & 4 with the other webbing end and buckle piece.
Now your hip belt extender is ready to use.
The buckle will add about 1-3/4", but remember you can always tighten the hip belt to get the perfect fit. Better to be too long than too short!